Strategic Internet Marketing and Social Media Internship in Santa Barbara
A new and limited internship opportunity has opened up in the area of Internet Marketing, Social Media, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Our company, Branded Innovation, has been helping small to medium businesses with their Internet marketing for over a decade.
With technology now at the forefront of every organization, marketing has become more instrumented, interconnected and intelligent. This is driving profound changes in how online marketing is practiced. This change represents tremendous opportunities to be on the leading edge of this marketing revolution as a member of Branded Innovation’s global marketing organization!
As a Strategic Internet Marketing and Social Media intern at Branded Innovation, you will aid the team in revolutionizing the
industry through digital marketing, marketing analytics, social media, and blog writing. You will assist in driving usage of digital mediums to improve the distinctiveness of interactions with our clients, integrating social media into marketing plans and strategies, creating keyword-rich content that is search-engine friendly, using data analytics to drive traffic to our client’s websites and sales funnels, and developing and optimizing marketing campaigns. Our interns proudly walk away with real-world experience that has helped land them prestigious jobs. This position is located in Santa Barbara, CA.
You will also learn the ins and outs of the world’s fastest growing industry, including:
- Keyword Analysis- Harnessing The Power Of Social Media
- How To Effectively Create And Manage Relationships For
- Optimizing A Website For On-Page SEO
- Conducting An Off-Page SEO Marketing Strategy
- Effective Blog Writing
- Backlinking Techniques
- Determining High Ranking PR Sites
- Working With Contractors All Over The World- Website And Social Media Analytics
- Specialized SEO Software Such As MOZ, Hootsuite, Market Samurai, And Screaming Frog
- Joomla and WordPress Content Management Systems
- Social Media Strategies
- Google Adwords And Analytics
- Google And Bing Webmaster Tools
- … And Much More
There is no experience necessary as the first 3 months will be focused on training our qualified interns on our systems throughout
the 15 month internship. New interns will have the opportunity to work with seasoned interns who are finishing up the internship program. Our team meets weekly in person and via video conferencing as many team members work and live all over the world. Interns will also be granted access to work remotely when possible to allow for a more flexible schedule during the internship.
Some of the tasks an intern would perform are:
- Keyword Analysis And Monitoring
- Creating And Posting To Social Media Sites
- Blog Writing
- Organizing Projects With Other Team Members
- Monitoring Google And Bing Analytics
- Client Outreach
- Social Media Research and Implementation
Qualities needed to succeed:
- To have a sincere interest in a career in marketing online
- To possess excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Maintain strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess initiative and leadership potential
- Have a collaborative personality
- Possess strong technical skills (Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint)
- Keen interest in business
- Have a background or interest in writing
- To treat this internship like a job
- To check your email daily and be in communication with the team
- To be on time, if not early, for every day you are in the office
- Double check your work
- Communication – if a deadline, meeting, or task cannot be met in the given time you are expected to let your supervisor know at least 3 days in advance
- Be proactive – if there is a problem, we expect you to search for the answer and come to us with a number of solutions
- For you to learn both inside and outside the internship for growth opportunities
- To have an attention to detail and be organized and on task
Time Commitment: 10 hours per week
This is an educational internship. Interns will be allowed to attend bi-monthly meetings with the executive staff; monthly lunch and learns at the University Club with special guests and local business leaders; and will be eligible for a letter of recommendation after successful completion of the internship.
How to Submit an Application: Please include a resume and cover letter, indicating why you want this internship, to firstname.lastname@example.org
When: Accepting Applications Starting
July 1 2016
Next Program session: October 2016 – December 2017 (15 month term)
Interns may take approved breaks and work remotely during the internship if preapproved by their supervisor.
Read testimonials of past interns to see if you’re a good fit.