Landing Pages: What Are They and How Should You Optimize Them?
Landing pages are the pages on your website that are focused on getting the visitor to take action. The action can range from signing up for a newsletter to buying a product. However, getting the visitor from the consideration phase to the decision stage requires you to establish trust with your audience.
Why Videos Are Great for Optimization
One of the most effective ways to establish trust with your audience is to create video content. Videos activate our visual and auditory senses, which causes us to heighten our attention more than if we were simply reading an article. We also process visual information 60,000 times faster than language!Additionally, since you can add more social cues, like sarcasm and voice emphasis, in your videos and make them more prominent, you have a greater chance to connect with your audience on an emotional level. This makes your audience more invested in your information!
How to Optimize Videos
1. Limit the information around your video- Make it clear to site visitors that you want them to watch your video by eliminating extraneous information on the page. This will direct them to your video and clear any confusion about the purpose of the page.
2. Optimize Video for SEO- Research and create clear keywords to put in your video title and to include in the description. This way, the content of your video is clear to customers and search engines. You can also create a video sitemap, which is a text document embedded with your specific video tags.
3. Short and Sweet- Make sure that the video is short! The longer your video is, the shorter your engagement rate will be.
4. Placement- Place the video on your landing page top and center! Videos posted on the bottom are often associated with ads. Instead, posting it near the top of the page will direct attention directly to the video and maximize the views it gets.
5. Add post-roll animation- For example, adding a moving arrow that points users towards a subscription form or link made it clear which action they should take!
The key takeaway to optimizing your landing page is to direct users where you want them to interact with your page by keeping the site free of clutter and placing the forms/videos at the top center of the page! Using videos is a great tool for interaction and information sharing.
To learn more about how to optimize your landing page, check out this blog post