Doug Holt Biography
Even as a young boy, Doug would set up small business ventures to make extra money and enjoyed both the creative and analytical processes that entrepreneurship brought out of him. “I’ve always enjoyed the creative process that comes with being a businessman. When I’m asked why I choose to work so much, I tell people it’s just that, a choice. I find entrepreneurship to be both a rewarding and a creative outlet. You can always be better, yet very few people work hard at doing so.”
Doug’s most commonly recognized as an expert in the following fields:
- The Fitness Industry
- Internet Marketing and Strategy
- Informational and Motivational Speaking
Doug has been involved in the fitness industry for nearly two decades and has worked in Internet Marketing since the late 90’s. Doug’s vast experience, combined with a passion for helping people, has led him to work in just about every aspect of the fitness industry.
Doug Holt is also the managing CEO of Conditioning Specialists, running the day-to-day business operations as well as providing fitness services to clientele. Doug is able to draw upon his experience as a former gym manager, recreational sports supervisor, and his years in the exercise equipment industry to give clients a well-rounded offering of services. Doug Holt is also the owner of Santa Barbara Fitness Magazine and Fitness Professional Online, former Assistant Director for the International Sports Sciences Association, as well as the former Director of Information Services for the National Board of Fitness Examiners. Doug has taught and developed courses internationally and locally such as the ones at the Santa Barbara Business School.
Why Have I Requested to Interview You?
Here at Bright Ideas, my goal is to provide my fellow entrepreneurs with access to the inspiration, advice, insights, and guidance provided by experts like you.
Every piece of content that we publish has the following two goals:
- Help our listeners to solve their business challenges
- Provide our listeners with examples of success
From what I have learned about you so far, I think you might be a guest that my audience would love to hear from. To know for sure, we’d like to conduct a short (10-15 minute) interview with you on the phone.
Our audiences consists of the following segments:
- CEOs of VC backed startups
- Marketing professionals from a wide variety of industries
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs from around the world
Where Will the Interview Be Published and What’s In It For You?
If we include you in one of our podcast episodes, you are going to get exposure to an audience of 10,000+ entrepreneurs and businesspeople.
Between our own blog, our podcast, and the other websites that our content is syndicated to, your story will be seen by tens, and sometimes, hundreds of thousands of readers/listeners. Based upon feedback from past guest/interviewees, some percentage of this audience will very likely contact your company to learn more about your products and services.
There is no cost for you to participate.
Our interviews are usually about 30 minutes long and the questions that I will ask generally include:
- Who are you and what do you do?
- How did you come up with the idea for your business?
- Tell me about a time when one of your “bright ideas” didn’t work
- Tell us about a new “bright idea” that came to you as a results of that experience
- Tell us about what you are most excited about in your business today
Lightening Round (answered in one sentence each)
- What was holding you back from starting your business?
- What was best advice you have ever received?
- What is your best source for new “bright ideas”?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite Internet resource?