5 Web Design Tips to Achieving Professionalism Within Your Website
SEO is all about getting found online. But then what? If your website is not user-friendly, it doesn’t matter how high you rank.
Here are 5 tips to creating a web design that will present your content efficiently and allow viewers to have the best user experience.
1. Make sure to avoid clutter and keep your webpage as clean as possible. Cluttered webpages distract viewers and make it extremely difficult for them pinpoint your relevant content and main ideas.
2. Do research on your competitor’s websites. By researching their websites, not only will you have a better understanding of your competition, but you will also gain more knowledge on how to build your own website. Of course, do not copy your competitors, but utilize useful concepts on their websites and incorporate your own unique style.
3. Utilize visual hierarchy. Visual hierarchy is the ability to organize content in such a way that the most important content, visuals, and icons are located in a pattern most noticeable to the viewer. For example, people move their eyes from top to bottom and left to right. In other words, the top-left part of your website will earn the most views from viewers. You would probably put a landing page button there or any important icon that you would want to earn more clicks for.
4. Make your text easy to read. In other words, make sure your font colors and font sizes are clearly visible to the reader.
5. Make sure your website is mobilized for mobile devices. These days, a large percentage of Internet users browse with their mobile device and, if you lack a mobile site, viewers will become discouraged as your site is not user friendly.